Also via Alana: I would have much rather seen a Teutel go, but there’s one less chopper builder out there. Actually, Indian Larry seemed a cut above most TV chopper builders, but let this be a reminder that if you’re going to stand on your seat, you could at least wear a helmet.
Slaughterhouse 10 isn’t any namby-pamby weekend rally anymore, Chicago scooterists of all shapes and sizes have united to make this bitch last (nearly) all week. It all kicked off today with a ride to the DeKalb CornFest, and the rest of the week is shaping up. If you’re coming from out of town, leave now.
- Monday 8/30: Drink with Los Corozones Negros meeting at El Gato Negro.
- Tuesday 8/31: TBA. (any ideas?)
- Wednesday 9/1: The Outfit SC presents drinking and bike fixin’ at Ron & Quinton’s garage (with baked goods from Kathy & Penny and maybe free kittens, but not Free Kitten, the indie supergroup).
- Thursday 9/2: Los Corazones Negros and 2strokeBuzz present the SHX Pre-rally kickoff party at El Gato Negro, 1461 W Irving Park Road. Doors open at 9:00. Featuring Lord Mike’s Dirty Calypsonians and a crapraffle.
- Friday 9/3: DJ’s, Cocktails and Hijinks at The Hideout, 1354 W Wabansia Ave, starting at 9:00 PM. DJs Larry & Mike (Pride of Cleveland), and Beeb (me). Register to get your goodie bag and entry into the raffle. Patches and t-shirts will be available for purchase.
- Saturday 9/4: Jinx, on Division 1 block East of Damen. Meet at 11:00, ride leaves at 12:30. The ride will end up at Montrose Beach where we’re throwing a Chicago-style sausagefest. The doors open at 9:00pm Saturday night at the Happy Village, 1059 N Wolcott Ave (all ages). Local bands Waxon 7 and Mega Super Ultra will rock your world. If you are still looking for more after the bar closes head over to Rob Hodge’s after-party (details in your goodie bag).
- Sunday 9/5: KAT KLUB North Ave and New England. Galewood
- Monday 9/6: For the love of God, sober up and spend some time with your family.
So you might have noticed the list of yahoogroups down the left side there. Recently the moderators of ChiScooterList decided to switch things up a bit to make things more useful. Now there are three lists:
- CHIscootEvents is a highly-moderated list to find out about local goings-on without any clutter. Lately, there’s been something scootery going on in Chicago almost every night, so I’m not gonna post most of that here anymore, I’ve syndicated that list here on 2sb for your convenience (I’ll add an icon link in the top bar soon).
- CHIscooterList is the original ChiScooter group, if you have questions about events or scooters or anything scooter related, this is the place to post.
- CHIscooterTalk is a new list for non-scooter-related chitchat.
It was a late-night television commercial that finally drove me to pursue a long-held dream of riding around Italy on a Vespa. Not one spruiking a CD of Dean Martin’s Italian Love Songs for $19.95 plus postage and handling. Rather, it was a ninety-second spot for Tae Bo fitness tapes.
Ruckus people are scarier than “regular” scooterists. Maybe as scary as the moped army people. I still want one, and apparently you can put an Elite 150 engine in it.
Battlescooter.com. Bring it on.
Test your riding skill with the Scooter*Ace game at Fingertime.com. Thanks for the Link, Andy!
First and foremost, let’s talk about Slaughterhouse 10. If the lure of the tenth anniversary of the midwest’s greatest, longest-running rally isn’t enough to bring you to town, let me remind you that Chad and I are hosting the Thursday Night pre-party with a free raffle and a performance by Lord Mike’s Dirty Calypsonians. Also, I’ll be DJ-ing forgotten New Wave classics on Friday night at the Hideout. This rally is not to be missed.
Well, we’re back up and running but things are kind of a mess. This is the first post from the new content management system, so we’ll start updating regularly again. I’ve got a huge backlog of good stuff. The problem is, everything older than this post is a mess, with mixed up comments and bad dates and the like. But we’ll fix that bit by bit as we add new stuff. Other improvements coming very soon include an infinitely more useful and up-to-date links page and new 2SB merchandise that will be unveiled at Slaughterhouse.
You can ignore this part, I’m just making sure the “MORE” links work.