Decemberists’ Halloween scooter?

October 20, 2008

The Decemberists are playing in Wheaton? On Halloween night? And there’s a scooter on the poster? Did Carson Ellis actually paint that? What’s up with her website? Is a liberal alt-whine anachronism-gimmick oboe band playing to creationists at a christian college in a dry suburb on halloween night funny, cool, or sad? I can’t tell anymore, but if anyone can steal me one of those posters, please do. (Photo via Mike Marusin, thanks!)

Comments

6 Responses to “Decemberists’ Halloween scooter?”

1. ChicagoscooterclubNo Gravatar on October 20th, 2008 4:51pm

Funny — Funny, ha ha or funny strange is up to you.

2. stefanNo Gravatar on October 21st, 2008 9:50am

speaking of goofy chicago music, i came across these guys the other day:

most interesting version of “waiting room” i’ve heard.

3. mattyNo Gravatar on October 21st, 2008 9:58am

How could you not go to that show beeb?

4. illnoiseNo Gravatar on October 21st, 2008 10:11am

The D’brists are OK, some good tunes but they all kinda sound the same, but mostly I just realized my short infatuation with them had way more to do with Carson’s artwork than the music. I saw their free show w/orchestra at Millennium Park, and it was fun, but it’s going to take more than them to make me venture into darkest Wheaton.

5. Eric AlmendralNo Gravatar on October 22nd, 2008 8:08am

The Decemberists’ fans almost make me want to not be a Decemberist fan. Twee, literate nerds, and they’re all so precious. I still like the band and have seen them 3 times; once was Coachella so that only kinda sorta counts.

At the only nighttime, indoor show of theirs I attended, fans were dressed up as characters from their songs. It was funny, sort of, but as I said: Twee, literate nerds, and they’re all so precious.

6. illnoiseNo Gravatar on October 22nd, 2008 8:41am

The Decemberists’ fans almost make me want to not be a Decemberist fan.

Yeah, I liked them more before I met their fans, ha.