Andretti is go

November 4, 2008

The Andretti arrives!

The Andretti XT150 for our long-term road test just appeared at the 2SB loading dock. Is it a sign that it arrived on the first day of EICMA, and also the Hopiest Day Ever? Lots more to come, starting with The Uncrating.

Comments

6 Responses to “Andretti is go”

1. theageofindustryNo Gravatar on November 4th, 2008 1:24pm

Make sure the front brake caliper is attached and check all hardware that could potentially create an “oh shit” moment. Make sure the Andretti labels are not upside down. Have fun….

2. jim_at_ptown_scootersNo Gravatar on November 4th, 2008 2:10pm

Actually, I like these bikes alot.

Hydraulically activated disc brakes front & rear; dual adjustable rear shocks; locking sidestand; well-located (easy-to-use) centerstand; longer wheelbase for stability; spoked rims; voltmeter on the dashboard; integrated old-school running board/legshield (so you can ride with your feet outstretched); high quality electrical connectors; functioning kickstarter (try that on an ET4/LX 150); security locking loops on both sides (left – sidestand; right – frame); unique styling; 3yr/5k engine warrnty; 2yr/5k major parts warranty

In Europe, these are known as the “Velvet”, and they also have a bigger 250cc Yamaha powerplant in the same frame.

Looking forward to the long-term roadtest report!

3. BrookeNo Gravatar on November 4th, 2008 4:27pm

Beeb, you are so lucky I fixed your link. Somewhere, somehow it may matter. /psa

4. eNo Gravatar on November 4th, 2008 5:33pm

The XT150 is not my style. I don’t have any specific complaints about it, just don’t like it’s size or styling myself.

I love the M50 and X50.
    Especially the X50, the styling/fit/finish and overall quality has really impressed me so far, like the LED taillight panel.

The first 2 we got needed a lot of tightening/tweaking, the latest have been about as ready to go out of the box as any scooter can be.

5. jonpsyNo Gravatar on November 4th, 2008 11:29pm

I have had an XT150 for about 3 months and I love it. I always get asked what kind it is and where I got it. Many people think it is a motorcycle. I have had no problems at all.
    I have about 900 miles on it and it just keeps getting smoother. The top speed so far has been about 70. It handles very much like a small to medium sport cycle.

6. rakuchinaNo Gravatar on November 5th, 2008 5:45pm