Kiss Me Lollipop

December 4, 2008

As possibly the first (unofficial) U.S. Chupa Chups evangelist and a well-known lollypop fan, allow me to be the first American to mock the NZI Chupa Chups Kiss Me Lollipop helmet. I hate to put down a helmet that’s stepping outside the Troy-Lee-90s-lame-tribal-graphics mold, but not even Jorge Lorenzo would wear that one.

Comments

11 Responses to “Kiss Me Lollipop”

1. BrookeNo Gravatar on December 4th, 2008 10:30am

What do you have against Tootsie Pops or even Dum Dums? Is it that the latter is an Ohio product and you were too cool to support local industry? Elitist liberal media snob. Buy ‘merican.

2. illnoiseNo Gravatar on December 4th, 2008 11:42am

I love Chupa Chups, Tootsie Pops, Dum Dums, and Blow Pops, too! I love all lollipops. Any one of them is welcome to purchase an exclusive marketing deal with 2sb. The only lollipops that suck (no anti-pun intended) are those flat ones with the “U”-shaped stick.

3. nateNo Gravatar on December 4th, 2008 1:52pm

My dad’s really into the Chupa Chups, for some reason. LIke I thought it was unhealthy the way he’d go nuts for the milk-can containers.

And you ought to know that Saf-T-Pops are designed so that an adult can just reach in with a finger and hook that thing out of your kid’s esophagus.

Or else it’s so a kid can run with it and fall flat on their face- and not have the stick impel the whole assemblage down into said esophagus.

Guess I’m not sure which saf-t feature is a principle design, and which one is a happy secondary side-effect.

Although I don’t think even the Saf-T crowd has gone so far as to promote helmet wearing for lolly consumption, so maybe Chupa Chups are the new child-friendly candy.

4. BrookeNo Gravatar on December 4th, 2008 3:01pm

I’m down with the saf-t-pops. Orange is good. They don’t make orange Dum Dums anymore. laMe.

5. illnoiseNo Gravatar on December 4th, 2008 5:04pm

Blow Pops have some nice “XTREEEME!” flavors now, I like those.

On another tangent, those little root beer barrels are stupid.

6. BrookeNo Gravatar on December 4th, 2008 5:37pm

UR insane. Root beer barrels and butterscotch discs are the bedrock of hard candy.

7. mattyNo Gravatar on December 4th, 2008 9:57pm

Great Bryan, now Brooke won’t want to hang out with you this weekend. I must say I’m a bit disappointed in views on root beer barrels myself…

8. pocphilNo Gravatar on December 5th, 2008 9:28pm

I have to blame Beeb for my Chup-a-ddiction. Yes, I do buy them in the large milk can at Sam’s Club. They are superior to the Dum-Dum in every regard except for size (the dum-dum is the perfect size). The dum-dum cream soda is untouchable. Then of course I was doing research to find the Root Beer Float flavor Chupa and came accross this…

Anything that has a lollipop representation of the John Lennon assasination is all good in my book. Chupa Chups…the EDGY lolly.

9. beckyNo Gravatar on December 7th, 2008 2:58pm

more root beer barrels for me and brooke!

10. illnoiseNo Gravatar on December 7th, 2008 8:07pm

Wait, I love root beer barrels, I can’t remember why I wrote that, because they’re awesome. I seriously don’t remember writing that, maybe it was my rib talking. I think I meant to say something else was stupid, but I was thinking about how great root beer barrels are and I typed that by mistake.

11. alienmeatsackNo Gravatar on December 10th, 2008 3:16pm

I used to have a Chupa Chups addiction. I’d order $50+ worth at a shot from candywarehouse.com.

Something about a candy with such amazing flavor AND a logo designed by Salvador Dali just = AWESOME.

Dammit, now I have to go and order some online. You are all grounded.