- Colin Doyle: -13°F, 17.7 mi, 01/09/10, Collegeville, Minnesota, Honda Ruckus
“…#6 x 3/4″ self-tapping screws in the treads of both front and rear tires..”
- Alan Van Tol: 0°F, 17.05 mi, 01/14/10
Bridgton, ME, Yamaha Vino 125
- Luigi G.: 2.5° F, 10.1 mi, 01/30/10
Dover, MA, 1970 Vespa GTr
- Ryan Bastianelli: 5°F, 10.2 mi, 12/16/09
Chicago, IL, Piaggio BV250
- Jen Stich: 7°F, 10.3 mi, 1/30/10
Westerly, RI/Pawcatuck, CT, 1963 Vespa 150 VBB
More details from each rider in the comments!
- All rides must be on a two-wheeled motorscooter. No motorcycles. No sidecars. No three-wheelers (Yes, the Piaggio MP3 has three wheels and is ineligible.)
- Entries must meet the minimum distance requirement of 10 miles of continuous riding. List your distance in miles (to one decimal place if desired), and measure your route using a GPS or Google Maps if possible. Scooter odometers lie.
- List the ambient temperature in degrees Fahrenheit as listed by NOAA at the time and place of your ride. No, wind chill doesn’t matter when you’re already riding 30+mph. If the temperature varies over the course of your ride, post the average of the high and low temperature.
- Coldest temperature wins. If you go 100 miles in 20°F, and somebody else only does 10 miles in 19°F, 19°F wins. Distance is relevant only to break ties.
- This is just for fun, and on the honor system. Don’t lie or cheat.
- Your entry must be a ride you just did. Don’t post about how last year you rode in really cold weather. Don’t post about how hardcore your dad is. Your ride must take place between 11/27/09 and 02/28/10
- Contest starts at 12:01 am on November 27, 2009 ends at midnight on Feb. 28, 2010.
People living in colder climates (aka, Minnesota) have an advantage in this contest so we also separate competitors by state. If you’re riding in cold weather for your neck of the woods, enter anyway, you might win honorable mention for your state. The same CWC rules apply.
HOW TO ENTER
If you’re not already registered on 2strokebuzz, go ahead and register. Your email address will be kept private.
After you’re signed in, cut and paste the following information into the comment form below. Be sure to fill in all the blanks. “Your Story” and photos are optional, but we’d love to hear/see them. 2strokebuzz reserves the right to repost your linked photos, especially if it’s a great photo or if you’re a current leader.
Name: **First name, last initial at least**
Distance: ** miles
Scooter: **year make model**
Your CWC story: **optional**
Photos: **optional, (use tinyurl if possible)**
Map: **optional, (use tinyurl if possible**
NEW: Rye set up a CWC Flickr Pool if you’d like to include your photos there, or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please use the comment thread of this page for entries only. Badmouth, backpat, and brag in comments to updates on the main site, not in this thread.
Good luck, and be safe. This is a non-commercial, totally unsanctioned event and is being held informally just for fun and bragging rights. The organizers accept no liability for injury or property damage. Riding in cold weather is even more dangerous than riding in warm weather, don’t ride outside your comfort level or take unnecessary risks Riding in snow and ice is particularly dangerous, we recommend riding only on clear days with good road conditions and visibility.