Ryetronics’ second annual Cold Weather Challenge came to an end yesterday, with some impressive results. R.J. Neumieister took first place with a 11.8-mile ride at -14*F in Platteville, Wisconsin. With the huge amounts of snow and ice this year, it took a sidecar Helix to win it.
- R. J. Neumeister: 11.8 mi@-14F, 2000 Honda Helix (w/sidecar), Platteville, WI.
- Chad Schaefer: 18.1mi@-8F, Junk Vespa, Chicago, IL.
- Paul Steinmeyer: 11.4mi@-8F, Kymco ZX-50, Colchester, CT.
- Andrew S. Baca: 10.5mi@-6F, 1963 Lambretta Li150, ME.
- Duane Hillebrand: 15mi@-4F, 2003 Stella, Chicago, IL.