Chicago-area scooterists have no one but themselves to blame if they have a boring summer: (let me know if I’m forgetting any)
- June 16-18,2007 The Defilers (no site that we can find, though there are about six bands called the Defilers, and they’re all bitching about each other -ed.) present Beer Bong The Rally in Madison, Wisconsin. Friday night starts at Mickeys Tavern from 8 till 10. Saturday features lunch, then a ride then 7 bands and a BBQ, and Sunday there’s a breakfast if you haven’t been defiled enough. For info contact Andy at (608)446-4026
- July 13-15, 2007 Wisco’s Section 8 SC’s Barn Bash Scooter Rally in Van Dyne Wisconsin on . $15 preregistration (until July 4) covers camping, food, drinks, patch, seven bands (what’s with seven bands?), and more.
- August 3-5, 2007 Knuckledraggers SC is hosting “Barrel O’ Monkeys â€” Going Ape Shit.” in the Quad Cities (IL/IA border).
- August 16-19, 2007 In the Twin Cities, where No Direction Home has joined Scooter Du in the history books, M5 tells us a new crew “are taking over with a vengeance,” hosting Rattle My Bones 2007. I don’t think that’s a Dylan, ‘Mats, Prince, Huskers, Soul Asylum, or Trashmen reference, but it sounds good anyway.
- August 30-September 2 Labor Day Weekend is, of course, Slaughterhouse 13 in Chicago hosted by a thankfully-still-unnamed coalition of Chicago scooterists and clubs. The site still features last years’ info, but it’ll be updated soon. Can you believe it’s been 13 years? Well, twelve, technically, but 13 calendar years. Don’t make me explain that again.