Big Corazzo news?

February 21, 2009

Bradford Duval tells us Corazzo has something big coming in a few days. In his words:

• It is revolutionary
  • It will change the way people will look at their scooter.
  • It will turn commuting in to an explosion of pleasure.
  • It is not limited to scooterdom, but had applications across most human conditions.

We’re guessing it’s “drugs.”

UPDATE: Lots of funny conjecture in the comments, and on Modern Buddy. We’ll find out tonight! It’s bound to be anticlimactic!

Comments

19 Responses to “Big Corazzo news?”

1. Those Darn McCabesNo Gravatar on February 21st, 2009 12:05pm

Segway? I Portland folks I’ve talked to who have tried the prototypes are pretty stoked with the product.

2. vespashopNo Gravatar on February 21st, 2009 1:00pm

could it be the heated lap blankets they talk about in this story?

or is it the heated corazzo coat i am testing? (it rocks!)

3. Blue MarkNo Gravatar on February 21st, 2009 1:37pm

Those Darn McCabes beat me to it, that sounds almost identical to the hype that preceded the announcement of the Segway.

Jet-Pack? Hey, it IS the 21 century! Maybe Corrazzo is making the matching “Rocketeer” apparel to go with …

Maybe not …

4. illnoiseNo Gravatar on February 21st, 2009 6:28pm

The Segway came to mind for me too. I think if they hadn’t teased the Segway with such ridiculous hyperbole people would have dug it more. Also if it didn’t cost $3000 and topped out at 20mph. And if it wasn’t LESS useful than a bicycle.

But i have complete faith that Bradford used all that money he saved on not getting me drunk at DealerExpo, and put it into something that will change the world. Because there’s no other excuse for not getting me drunk at DealerExpo. The 2sb/POC hospitality suite was allright, but it was kind of a sausage party, we only had three chicks, and two were married and one was Chelsea. So I blame Bradford AND Renae. Next year I’m bringing my own chicks.

5. Eric AlmendralNo Gravatar on February 21st, 2009 9:12pm

Somehow, I get the idea it’s something more ambitious than the long-awaited Corazzo parka.

6. jrsjrNo Gravatar on February 22nd, 2009 10:55am

The Segway. Heh. Those things keep selling slowly but surely. If they they hadn’t billed it as the Second Coming, it would probably be touted as a success. Corazzo, huh? As long as their new product (Aerostitch meets Full-body Armor???) isn’t called the “Segue.”

7. beckyNo Gravatar on February 22nd, 2009 5:19pm

i saw it today, and it’s pretty awesome.

8. illnoiseNo Gravatar on February 22nd, 2009 6:31pm

Victor (or someone at Vespa of Seattle) is trying to leak it, but I’m holding his comment in moderation. : ) Unless he’s wrong.

9. BrookeNo Gravatar on February 22nd, 2009 11:29pm

Becky, you best not be supporting unsubstantiated hype. The posted description only leads me to vulgar speculation.

10. rakuchinaNo Gravatar on February 23rd, 2009 3:34am

Let me guess…Is it an “airbag” jacket?

11. Eric AlmendralNo Gravatar on February 23rd, 2009 8:47am

Hopefully they haven’t jumped onto my idea: The armored Snuggie.

I’m discounting any type of motorcycle/scooter-specific riding wear based on Bradford’s earlier statement.

“It will turn commuting in to an explosion of pleasure.”
    This may not be a good thing.

Possibly their first foray into some type of electronics? The Corazzo helmet-friendly bluetooth setup?

Whatever it is, I predict I’ll want one.

12. pjchmielNo Gravatar on February 23rd, 2009 8:53am

Carbon Fiber “Beer Goggle Vision” helmet with a place to stash your weed.

13. Eric AlmendralNo Gravatar on February 23rd, 2009 9:18am

New guesses: Backpack? Briefcase? Saddlebags?

The Corazzo Kindle?

Corazzo Digital Radio?

14. BrookeNo Gravatar on February 23rd, 2009 9:31am

I bet it’s a jacket that has a roll up roof that comes off a compartment on the back of the jacket, goes up and over the head and attaches to a wind screen. Think suction cups, and Carol Burnett’s GWTW skit curtain dress, but with some weather resistant burlap and an offset reflective racing stripe all in the form of uni-tard with pockets for solar charged battery powered heating ‘massagers’.

15. gpPeejNo Gravatar on February 23rd, 2009 10:37am

Well, the last time I saw a Corrazo rep, I shared a really good idea with him…and I hope they developed it into a product. It would be cool to see it in production…and of course I’d want a honorable mention.

So, my bet is that it is a saftey upgrade that improves visability. Hey Bradford…I’ve got more good product ideas!

PJ
    Vespa Milwaukee

16. illnoiseNo Gravatar on February 23rd, 2009 11:41am

Brooke, if Bradford wasn’t working on that before, he is now.

17. jprestonianNo Gravatar on February 23rd, 2009 11:54am

corrazo.net kills (Google) Chrome dead! :)

18. stefanNo Gravatar on February 23rd, 2009 3:27pm

with passover right around the corner, i’m thinking corrmatzo ball soup.

19. BrookeNo Gravatar on February 23rd, 2009 4:37pm

I just hope that Bradford doesn’t give up releasing information for Lent.