Courtesy of the Black Windows MC, Some suggestions that will hopefully put your bacon dish over the top and crush the competition:
- The obvious: each entry must contain bacon as a main ingredient.
Yes, you can use turkey bacon or fakin’ (tofu) bacon, but geez, why
bother? Enter as many dishes as you like.
- Dishes that capture the essence of bacon in one or two bites were
very successful last year. Remember, judges could be tasting over a
dozen entries, and while your bacon-wrapped cornish hen stuffed with
bacon dressing may be delightful, perhaps something that can be
presented in sample size portions may be more inviting.
- Speaking of presentation, creativity and orginality count! Witness
the award-winning bacon beer cozy from G2K2, versus the shunned squaw
- If your dish is best served warm, please bring a crockpot/chafing
dish to keep it warm if possible. A limited amount of warming devices
will be provided.
- The bacon cook-off begins promptly at 6 p.m., so plan to arrive on
time. Imagine the horror of creating your bacon masterpiece, only to
arrive late and the judges are too bloated/oversalted/drunk to
appreciate your work.
- Label your cookware if you ever want to see it again.
- The decisions of the judges (last year’s winners: Tracie, Matt &
Trish, and Matt Howie) are final.