Slaughterhouse 10 isn’t any namby-pamby weekend rally anymore, Chicago scooterists of all shapes and sizes have united to make this bitch last (nearly) all week. It all kicked off today with a ride to the DeKalb CornFest, and the rest of the week is shaping up. If you’re coming from out of town, leave now.
- Monday 8/30: Drink with Los Corozones Negros meeting at El Gato Negro.
- Tuesday 8/31: TBA. (any ideas?)
- Wednesday 9/1: The Outfit SC presents drinking and bike fixin’ at Ron & Quinton’s garage (with baked goods from Kathy & Penny and maybe free kittens, but not Free Kitten, the indie supergroup).
- Thursday 9/2: Los Corazones Negros and 2strokeBuzz present the SHX Pre-rally kickoff party at El Gato Negro, 1461 W Irving Park Road. Doors open at 9:00. Featuring Lord Mike’s Dirty Calypsonians and a crapraffle.
- Friday 9/3: DJ’s, Cocktails and Hijinks at The Hideout, 1354 W Wabansia Ave, starting at 9:00 PM. DJs Larry & Mike (Pride of Cleveland), and Beeb (me). Register to get your goodie bag and entry into the raffle. Patches and t-shirts will be available for purchase.
- Saturday 9/4: Jinx, on Division 1 block East of Damen. Meet at 11:00, ride leaves at 12:30. The ride will end up at Montrose Beach where we’re throwing a Chicago-style sausagefest. The doors open at 9:00pm Saturday night at the Happy Village, 1059 N Wolcott Ave (all ages). Local bands Waxon 7 and Mega Super Ultra will rock your world. If you are still looking for more after the bar closes head over to Rob Hodge’s after-party (details in your goodie bag).
- Sunday 9/5: KAT KLUB North Ave and New England. Galewood
- Monday 9/6: For the love of God, sober up and spend some time with your family.