I’m falling behind again, it must be the beginning of hockey season (and the launch of the Galewood Cookshack, more on that later).
- Last Tuesday, 200 workers at Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India’s Gurgaon plant went on strike The strike was settled on Sunday, and today HMSI promised US$87 million in investment in the plant and new product development in the next three years.
- From St. Maartens: How not to steal a scooter.
- According to Hemscott.com, Roberto Colaninno expects Piaggio’s Indian- and Chinese-market sales to increase to 25% of the group’s sales by 2010, as opposed to 15% currently.
- Standard & Poor’s Ratings Services have upped Piaggio’s long-term debt rating from BB- from B+.
- St. Louis joins a growing list of cities with a minibike pickup service to discourage driving while intoxicated.
- And finally, something to think about next time you’ve brought a long-dead bike back to life after a marathon drinking ‘n’ wrenching session.