Got Vina’s Honda CB350 running today just in time to hook up with the remnants of the Chicago Scootercycle ride. Goodtimes. Riding that makes me wonder why I bother with scooters. If you live in Illinois, don’t forget to update your license plate stickers (oops). Photo courtesy of silent-ron.kicks-ass.org
Category: 2sb’s So-Called Life
Stories about our personal lives that aren’t particularly scooter-related.
Milena at Culvers modeling her sweet new shirt from The Scooter Scoop. I shoulda got a 4T, she’s growing fast. The monster sort of looks like Dave McCabe.
Chicco Scooter Club
Been meaning to post this for a while… Becky put Milena’s photos up on the Chicco Scooter Club site. In other Chicco news, Milena backed it into the living room door and busted out a turn signal. Her (Indiana!) license plate fell off a week before that. I keep telling her to fix it, but she keeps riding it, when she gets a ticket, I’m totally not paying it.
2sb Drinking game
Ok, i’ve been putting this off for too long, but it’s time for the 2strokeBuzz “Scooters in the news” Drinking Game:
- Story mentions or alludes to Roman Holiday/Quadrophenia: 2 drinks.
- Headline alludes to Roman Holiday/Quadrophenia: 4 drinks.
- Story uses the words “cute,” “putt,” or “diminuative:” 1 drink per instance.
- Uses the phrase “Easy Rider” “Born to be Mild” or “Mild Ones”: 2 drinks, 4 if it’s a headline.
- Story mentions espresso, cappuchino, or other posh coffee product: 1 drink.
- Story fails to mention any brand but Vespa: 3 drinks.
- Story makes ridiculous claims about gas mileage: 1 drink.
- Says “park anywhere:” 1 drink.
- Compares them, favorably or not, to Harley Davidsons: 2 drinks.
- Interviews yokel who traded motorcycle for a scooter and couldn’t be happier: 2 drinks.
- Attributes scooter boom to high gas prices or the economy: 1 drink.
- Mentions college students, commuters, or women as target market: 1 drink (each).
- Uses phrase “not your father’s (whatever):” 2 drinks.
- Features Piaggio promo photos: 1 drink.
- Features a Costantino Sambuy quote from a PiaggioUSA press release, used as if the reporter talked to him: 3 drinks.
- Incident of condescension: one drink, two if it’s condescending to women.
- Calls scooters “mopeds” or calls mopeds, pocketbikes, Go-Peds, or electric bicycles “scooters:” 2 drinks
- Blatant factual error: 2 drinks.
- Egregious factual error (“the 500cc ET2”): 4 drinks
- Appears in big city newspaper and doesn’t shout out to local clubs: 1 drink per club ignored.
- Lists celebrities that own scooters: 1 drink per instance, 4 each if it’s Jay Leno or Jerry Seinfeld.
Post your suggestions in the comments and I’ll add them and link this up every time I post a news story.
Hot chicks and muscle cars
That’s what we’re all about here at 2SB. Forget about all that other stuff. So we went to Volo today. Cool stuff, cooler than last time we were there. They have a General Lee, a Batmobile, a Mystery Machine, Natalie Wood’s car, a Back to the Future DeLorean, andOe wait for itOe K.I.T.T! Good stuff.
Galewood has a new official drink
No more mojitos in 2004: Blacktable’s guide to making your own Pruno. Thanks again, Lu$! Prediction: Aprilia will release the 500cc ‘Pruno’ maxiscooter in 2006.
I’m home to pick up the iPod speakers and some Jolly Ranchers… it was a rough night, Tracie’s on an epidural now and we’re expecting delivery this evening or early Wednesday. Everything’s going OK. I’ll try to make some more calls when I get back. Thanks for the support, it’s all pretty exciting.
It’s go-time. Please don’t call us yet, it’ll still be a day or so. More info to come.
Thanks to our friends, our baby will have clean underwear. We scoped out washers and dryers and finally got a great deal on a Kenmore front loader set from the Sears outlet store (though the first washer we picked up was broken, which was a drag). Check it out if you need appliances, we got the washer and dryer for the price of the washer alone. Grace helped me build a pedestal (a savings of $120) and Ryan picked it up in his van (a savings of $150, and Ken and Kim let us take the minivan to exchange the washer) so everything worked out great. Thanks again to everyone. I know I’ve been slow lately with the posts, things are kinda nuts, but we’ll be back to full strength soon.
Speaking of Moms,
In the news today, Arsenal/France midfielder Robert Pires credited his mother with convincing him to follow his dream of a soccer career when he was 15. It’s a touching story, because I remember when I was 15, I dreamt of getting a moped and my mom said “there’s no way in hell you’re getting a moped.” Man, I showed her.